Thursday, August 19, 2010

Medieval Weapon: Claw and buckler

I'm not sure where the idea came from....but there it is.
I do try to mix material whenever I model, I chose something other than metal for the blades. I had something like "crystal ice thingy that shines" in mind. I think it made the texture of the weapon and shield in general a little more interesting, like panting in the light reflections and shadows. Feel free to comment and criticize, I am sure there is always room for improvement.

1 comment:

  1. Great design man. I applaud you for trying something other than the traditional metal and wood materials that people use for weapons. Though, the texture still seems like you tried to go for metal. Possibly a little more color into the crystal/ice that would give off more of a colored glow? I'm not talking like high saturation, just a little in maybe the darker parts so you don't confuse it with metal. Still, I love the design. I will counter your ice with a flamethrower!

    ReplyDelete